This piece is a collaboration with my husband. My husband Sawed and carved out the cog wheels and then I decorated it.
I guess our problem with 5 or 6 remote controls lying around is a problem we share with many:-) We started to look around for what was available on the market and couldn’t find anything that we liked. So we decided to make our own.
Here’s how it looked before colors and decorations.
After my husband had put the parts together, I started my decoration work with taping small pieces of metal tape on the sides. I wanted the cog wheels to have a metal look. This took some time fore sure, but I believe it was worth it in the end… When all cog wheels were covered with metal tape I used Walnut Hollow Tool to make markings on the tape.
After that it was time to start gluing metal parts on the piece. I glued small ball nuts on the sides and then left the sides as is. This because I though otherwise they could get stuck in other stuff we have on our living room table. Various metal scraps from my storage as added to the backside.
When Everything was glued on the piece I primed the whole piece with Finnabair’s Black Gesso (of course:-) then I used some Crackle Texture paste (also Finnabair) here and there and then Texture Sand Paste (DecoArt) on the empty surface areas.
Then it was time for the mists. This time I used Lindy’s Stamp Gang’s “Mission Bells Brown”, “Milk Chocolate Brown” and one of my favorites “Incandescent Copper”. After the misting was done I took out my Inka golds, this time I used Apricot, Copper, Gold and Iceblue (which is more like dark silver). These colors were chosen because it matches with everyting else in our living room.
And here’s the Remote Control Storage.
So now we have a storage for our remote controls that we both like!
That’s all folks for today. Take care!